Ridgeback Sauvignon Blanc
Ridgeback Sauvignon Blanc has a fresh, tropical array of lime, pineapple and green guava evolves to notes of gooseberry and passion fruit on the palate and flinty minerality elegantly lingering on the aftertaste.
The vineyards used to produce our Sauvignon Blanc are planted in an East-West direction to avoid direct sun exposure to the bunches and protect the delicate tropical flavours. The vines grow in deep Oakleaf soils irrigated according to soil moisture availability and leaf water potential.
Grapes were handpicked on 23 and 24 January and 3 February 2014
• Bunches were picked at varying degrees of ripeness to maximise complexity and overall flavour range.
Sugar: 18o Balling 20.5o Balling 22.3o Balling
Acid: 10.2g/l 8.75g/l 6.1g/l
pH: 2.95 3.00 3.35
• The grapes were harvested in the cool early morning hours and de stemmed only to press under reductive conditions.
• The juice was settled with pectalytic enzyme for 48 hours at 9oCelsius before being racked and inoculated with selected commercial yeast cultures.
• Fermentation was managed at 13-16o Celsius and lasted for 22 days.
• A short 60 day period of lees contact aids mid palate while still retaining the crisp Sauvignon Blanc character.
• Great care is taken to retain the delicate tropical flavours by careful reductive juice and wine management from grape to bottle.
A fresh, tropical array of lime, pineapple and green guava evolves to notes of gooseberry and passion fruit on the palate and flinty minerality elegantly lingering on the aftertaste.
AlcohoL: 12.5 %
Residual Sugar: 3.7g/l
Total acid: 5.8g/l
Bottled: 16 April 2014
Release Date: end May 2014
Bottles: 20 670